Update Your Pokemon Home App: More Scarlet and Violet Support Added
Hey there, Pokemon trainers! It’s time to update your Pokemon Home app because a new update dropped this week, bringing us one step closer to full support for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet. Here’s what you need to know:
New Features in the Update
The update includes information from online competitions participated in within Scarlet and Violet, as well as some other features unique to the app. However, one thing to note is that the Mystery Gift feature now requires users to have a Nintendo Account if they want to claim gifts via the app. So, make sure to link your account if you haven’t already!
Patch Notes for the Update
The patch notes for this update are relatively brief and only cover a couple of changes. But the added support for Scarlet and Violet competitions is the most notable of the changes. Here are the full patch notes:
- Added Online Competitions information from Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet to the Battle Data feature.
- If you’ve linked Pokemon HOME to a Nintendo Account with data from Pokemon Scarlet or Pokemon Violet, you’ll now be able to view results from Official Competitions and Friendly Competitions you’ve joined in Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet.
- Added the ability to view Pokemon Natures from the Pokemon Ranking screen in the Battle Data feature.
- Linking a Nintendo Account is now required to use the Mystery Gifts feature.
- Each Mystery Gift can only be claimed once per Nintendo Account.
What We’re Still Waiting For
While the update is exciting news for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet fans, it’s not the update we’ve been most excited about. We’re still waiting for full support for the games, which was teased during the most recent Pokemon Presents event. According to Nintendo and The Pokemon Company, full support for Scarlet and Violet will be available in early 2023. We know, we know, it’s not too helpful seeing how we’re already in early 2023, but at least it’s coming sooner rather than later.
So, Pokemon trainers, update your Pokemon Home app and get ready for even more Scarlet and Violet support! We can’t wait for full support for these games, but in the meantime, let’s enjoy the new features that this update brings us. Who knows what other surprises Nintendo and The Pokemon Company have in store for us? Stay tuned!